The Shaman

I just finished this two week project (50%) of a fictional Native American shaman character. I went into it with a focus on improving my face sculpting and skin texturing skills, but mostly to achieve a good workflow for hair. I tried different techniques during this time. For example: drawing every strand of hair with curve tubes in ZBrush. That did not turn out great. In the end I learned to use XGen in Maya and used those textures for my hair cards instead. XGen worked well for both the hair on the head as well as the eyelashes.

Simon alenius shaman v2 03
Simon alenius shaman v2 01
Simon alenius shaman v2 02
Simon alenius shaman v2 04
Simon alenius shaman v2 05
Simon alenius shaman v2 06
Simon alenius shaman v2 07